Manningham Housing Association has a new project called Building Bridges Bradford Project of which aims to bring diverse groups and voices together during the Pandemic. Besides building the community, the project aims to tackle mental health. As has been highlighted by the experts and in the media, with the pandemic, some cases of mental health have been raised.
The new project by the Association therefore aims to build bridges between its residents in the community in various ways.
In the next year, between January to March, we would be delighted if you could deliver a confidence building/ awareness workshop on the disabled group.
Our aim to activate community conversations and bring different communities together. For you, how you deliver the session/s is up to you (to be discussed).
Information useful for the project:
- We would like course structures between 2-8 weeks, a session each week/ fortnightly/monthly.
- They can run between 60 mins-2 hours a session (2 hours however might be too long. We recommend 1hr sessions max to ensure active engagement and participation. You might however have other ideas-open to hear about them).
- Suitability of time depends on your structure and audience you wish to target (family programmes for instance may happen after school or on weekends in the afternoon).
- Regards to the number of participants expected to attend, this depends on the audience interested in this session and themes that you are keen to offer. For example, you could incorporate a number of 121 sessions to specifically positively impact some individuals who may best benefit from this. You can also run group sessions.
- Age range: any (might depend on your offering/s). We would, however, like to impact all age groups for greater impact. Maybe you might like to break down activities by age.
- Ethnicities: All (we aim to inspire community integration, conversations& learning)
As you may have gathered, we are very flexible on your delivery. Our main aim is to positively impact as many people as possible. It’s however not about numbers, you might propose to work with few individuals of whom you can truly positively impact…impact is better than numbers.
As of Covid-19 , all sessions will run online ( over Zoom/other) unless Covid-19 Tiers allow otherwise.
If you have any more queries, please send these or send a time of your availability so that we can discuss this further.